From For clock repair, call Philip at 970 224 2576
Philip will typically be able to see you the day you call or soon afterwards at your convenience!
You may drop off your clock for service on any day of the week by appointment only. He works from his home which is located in Fort Collins south of Harmony and east of Lemay. All clock repair/restoration estimates are free. The turnaround time is generally between 2 to 4 weeks.
A clock that stops running most likely needs oiling.
Clock Repair Fees
- From $60 for typical mantle and wall clocks: cleaning/oiling and tune up.
- From $80 for Pre-1990 Cuckoo Clocks. I do not work on more modern ones.
- From $80 for Anniversary or 400-day Clocks
- All estimates are “plus parts”.
- There is no charge if the clock is returned to you as non-repairable
Grandfather Clock Repair Fees My fees for visits within 12 miles are:
- From $150 for Clocks with a service record.
- From $200 for clocks which have no service record. The clock mechanisms will require extra work at the shop, so a second visit is needed.
Call Philip at 970 224 2576, or call/text 970 217 0605.
Philip has been perfecting his expertise in clock repair and restoration for over 33 years. He has been a resident of Fort Collins since 2000.
Philip began his journey into the field of clock repair in 1984 when he inherited his family’s English Grandfather Clock. As the clock did not work, Philip chose to learn how to repair it himself.
His area of expertise continues to be repair of pendulum clocks.
Timely Antiques Cost and Contact Information
You can CONTACT Philip by phone at 970-224-2576 (call or text 980 217 0605) or by email at PCPC49 at Gmail dot com.
Does Timely Antiques make house calls?
Depending upon your location and the type of clock you have Philip will come to you. In the case of Grandfather clocks he will make a house call. Philip has neuropathy and will request your assistance moving the weights, pendulum and movement. Grandfather clocks should only be moved by experienced handlers.
House calls within a 12-mile radius of Harmony and Lemay are from $150 for the first hour (one hour minimum), then $60 per hour. In most cases your clock can be fully serviced in one hour. If more than an oiling is needed, then the weights, pendulum and movement will need to go back to his workshop. This would change the estimate to a minimum of $200.
Many antique clock owners are not familiar with the fact that clocks need to be oiled at regular intervals. You should have your clock oiled every six to eight years in order to keep it running in top condition. Lack of regular oiling is the number one reason a clock stops working.
Does Timely Antiques repair watches?
No. However, Philip does recommend:
In Fort Collins, CO: Precision Time Watch Repair. Ask for: Rodney Phillips or Kipp Lesh for your watch repair needs by calling: 970.484.6399
In Wellington, CO: Proper Time. Ask for Peter Pronko for your watch repair needs by calling: 970-568-3215.
- Philip is a clock expert with over 30 years of experience.
- All estimates are free.
- Turnaround is typically two to three weeks.
- He stands behind all his work.
- Repairs start as low as $60.
- There is no charge if the clock cannot be repaired.
Philip also buys clocks.
Contact: Philip Coggon: 970-224-2576 or email: pcpc49 at gmail dot com.